Are you considering Hulu in this cutting-chord era? Are you wondering or confused about how the Hulu streaming service works? Relax. You are in the right place. We have all you want to know in this Hulu review.
Here is a detailed and impartial review of Hulu streaming services. Understand Hulu Basic, Hulu Premium, and Hulu + Live pricing plans and features.
What is Hulu
Hulu is a paid on-demand streaming platform with a free trial. Hulu has three pricing plans. There are no hidden costs. So let’s get into details. All the details on pricing, Ads-on, supported devices, free trials
Hulu used to offer a free ad-supported plan until 2016 when they discontinued the plan. Today, Hulu comes into three pricing plans that include.
Hulu Pricing Strategy
Hulu pricing plans are based on the number of ads you see while streaming your favorite movies and TV Shows. The less the Ads the more expensive the plan is.
Hulu Pricing Plans
- Hulu Basic ($9.99/month & Ads-Supported): This plan costs $9.9/month to access all on-demand shows making it one of the most affordable in the streaming industry. However, Hulu basic plan supports ads so expect as you watch your favorite shows and movies.
- Hulu Premium ($11.99/month & Ads-Free): The difference between Hulu Basic & Hulu Premium is that the Hulu premium does not run ads. The similarity is that the two plans access the same on-demand content. So, enjoy ad-free on-demand content form an additional $2/ month.
- Hulu + Live TV ($54.99, 60 Live Channels & Ads-free): This plan allows you to stream 60 live sports and news programs. If you move a lot or you have cut the cord completely, Hulu+Live is for you.
- Hulu Premium+Live TV ($60.99).
Similarity Across All Hulu Plans
The number of devices: The similarity of all Hulu channels is that you can access only 2 devices at a time.
Ads-on: You can access all add-ons in any of the four plans. But remember all Ads-on are paid for separately.
Hulu (No Ads)
Are Ads annoying you? Avoid ads interruption with this plan. But does this mean you don’t expect any Ads in Hulu (No Ads) option?
There are a few programs that play ads due to streaming rights limitations. However, the ads will not be frequent as in ad-supported plans. In fact, ads will play before and after the video not during the stream.
Hulu (No ads) plan costs $11.99/month. However, you can test the services in a month free trial here. Sing up and experience the plan. You can cancel anytime.
Hulu + Live TV
Hulu + Live TV is a live streaming plan whose subscribers can stream live TV sports and news programs in from over 60 channels. In addition, Hulu + TV includes all other benefits you will find in an on-demand plan.
There are two types of Hulu Apps available for you. They are Hulu Latest App and Hulu Classic App.
The difference between Hulu’s classic App and Hulu latest up is that Hulu latest App offers more features, supports Live TV, and access more premium add-on.
Hulu Supported Devices
Hulu supports nearly all devices you can own today. Hulu Latest App supports more devices than the earlier version. If you want the live streams and all Hulu Ads on, you can find and download them in the following devices.
Android: phones, tablets, and Android TVs.
- IoS: iPhones and Tablets, Apple TV
- Fire: Tablets, Fire TV, Fire TV Stick.
- TV Models: Some LG, Samsung, and VIZIO.
- Xbox: Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
- Roku: Roku Premiere & Roku Premiere+, Roku Express & Roku Express+, Roku 2 (4210 only), Roku 3&4, Roku Streaming Stick (Model 3500 & beyond), Roku TV, and 4K Roku TV.
- TV Box: Xfinity Streaming TV Box.
- Playstations: Playstation 3 & 4.
Hulu Classic App Supported Devices
As mentioned above, Hulu classic App doesn’t support Live streaming and some premium apps. If you are okay with that, you can find and download Hulu classic app in the below devices.
- Roku: Few Roku & Roku Stick models.
- TVs: Few Samsung, LG, SONY, VIZIO TV models
- Player: Blu-ray players
What is unique about Hulu
The difference between Hulu and other streaming services is that you can access the latest shows and movies soonest after release than other channels. You can watch shows or series within a week or a day after airing. This does not happen on many channels.
So, if you are a Hulu subscriber, you will watch a series earlier than your friends on other streaming services.